3.26.2006

 

Football and Food

Today's been a good day. Went to church this morning, and followed that up by going to Ty and Mel's place in Orange City with the youth group and having a grill-out. It was good to see the youth group again after being gone for two weeks on Spring Break. We watched Bruce Almighty, ate burgers and brauts and baked beans, played two-hand touch football, and sat around and talked. I realized that I am not very proficient at catching a football when the pressure's on. I caught a couple, but the important ones slipped through my hands multiple times. I blame the mud and snow that is now a permanent part of my jeans (at least until I wash them again). But we had a good time. I got home and slept on the couch for a couple hours -- that football really wore me out! I guess I should exercise more, eh?

We have some really awesome kids in our youth group. It's a group of much variety in attitudes and personalities, but they seem to get along really well together, and that's a blessing to watch. I am so privileged and blessed to be a part of this group. God is good. And I got my proposal written for my research paper, so I'm done with homework for the night! Oh, and I just realized that GIFT started a little bit ago. So I'm gonna go to that now.


Comments:
hi Josh that was really fun. Maybe now I will get to know what it is you are doing with all of your spare time!!
Love ma
 
Awesome Site Josh - it is also good to talk to you every once in awhile. blessings Josh. Love ya
 
Welcome to the dark side, my friend.
 
JOSH! You have a blog! That's so cool. :) Thanks for checking up on mine, and don't worry about writing - life is busy. I'm glad that life is going well for you, and I hope that you have a splendid day!
 
good luck getting anything done, now that you have joined the world of blogging! I am glad that you had a good time with the youth group! Good luck with your test!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home