3.31.2006
Rainy Mornings
Early mornings are beautiful. Especially when it's raining. I love sitting in the community room of 4th floor Southview in the mornings with a cup of steaming hot caffinated liquid, my Bible, my journal, my Tom, and just taking in the view of the soccer field. Today Tom saw a bunny rabbit taking cover from the wind and rain under the pine trees. It's great to be able to watch the storm and hear the rain and the thunder...although there wasn't any thunder this morning. And then, as I was heading to class and about to enter the classroom building, Heather Kooiman comes out with a beautiful chorus of words, "Super! Class is cancelled! Check your email for the details!" Dr. Christians apparently had plumbing problems at home...bummer. I always have mixed responses when I get emails about having classes cancelled because of problems the profs are having. In one way, I'm usually happy for the unexpected hour of freedom, but I feel bad for the prof having to deal with whatever problem they have, you know?
As much as I love the rain, I really hope that it stops and dries up by tomorrow. Tomorrow, hopefully Derek, Darren, and I are going rock climbing in the Palisades. I've never been there, and I've heard that it's beautiful. I haven't been climbing since this fall. I'm excited to get back out again. And apparently Scheels is clearing out a lot of their climbing gear...so who knows? Maybe I'll get some basic climbing stuff for myself...
Then tonight at 6 I'm going to the senior art show to see Catherine and Matt K (and some other seniors) talk about their art and whatever else they decide to talk about. They've got a lot of good stuff in the show! After that is Bible Study at the Hjelle's and relaxing over there the rest of the night. YAY for the weekend!
As much as I love the rain, I really hope that it stops and dries up by tomorrow. Tomorrow, hopefully Derek, Darren, and I are going rock climbing in the Palisades. I've never been there, and I've heard that it's beautiful. I haven't been climbing since this fall. I'm excited to get back out again. And apparently Scheels is clearing out a lot of their climbing gear...so who knows? Maybe I'll get some basic climbing stuff for myself...
Then tonight at 6 I'm going to the senior art show to see Catherine and Matt K (and some other seniors) talk about their art and whatever else they decide to talk about. They've got a lot of good stuff in the show! After that is Bible Study at the Hjelle's and relaxing over there the rest of the night. YAY for the weekend!