7.08.2006
Sleep is beautiful, but only after the fact
So I slept in until about 11 today. I don't remember the last time I slept that long. I think I needed it. I've been staying up late with my youth group kids for the last couple days. On Wednesday, Tyler (the hopefully soon-to-be youth pastor at CCC) and I met up at Luke's baseball game (double header that Sioux Center obliterated the other team!) and talked with his parents for a while and then talked with Jenn and Tyler til the game got done. Then Ty came over to my place and we hung out til around midnight. Next day: Ty and I had lunch with 3 high school guys at Pizza Ranch. Then we decided to go to Pirates that night at midnight. That's a story in itself. So I finished work, took a nap to prepare for the midnight excursion. Then I called Tom Dykstra and talked to him for a bit. It was good to catch up with him for a while. And for those of you who hadn't heard, he took the job in Olympia! I was extremely excited to hear that. Check out his blog for details on that. :)
So the midnight excursion. Ty didn't want to come cuz he lives in Orange City and had been out late the last few nights with his wife, Mel. So it ended up being me and 6 high school guys going to this movie at 12:01. We got a #9, which included a large popcorn and 2 large drinks...all refillable. It was a very good thing. We sat in the second row, and they were definitely the loudest of all the people in the theatre. But it was a blast, and by the time they got done "ARGing" and watched the movie, we all had a great time. And I had my Steve shirt on. I think I confused some people. "But isn't everybody?" And i would definitely recommend seeing Pirates. It's worth it. But i won't say anything more than that.
Then, after 3.5 hours of sleep, i had breakfast with Uncle Ron at Hy-Vee and got offered the possibility of a workstudy with him next year! That's totally a God thing, because I've been really worried about the workstudy next year, especially since the Psych department turned me down and I was getting a hestitant "Maybe we'll be able to make room" from the music department. So if this goes through, I'll be helping to advise students with the humanities, working with them in finding classes, job information, and other stuff like that. I'm really pumped about it, and hope that it happens! Then we had a bonfire Friday night, and I got home and crashed. Until 11:00 this morning. Sleep is beautiful.
So the midnight excursion. Ty didn't want to come cuz he lives in Orange City and had been out late the last few nights with his wife, Mel. So it ended up being me and 6 high school guys going to this movie at 12:01. We got a #9, which included a large popcorn and 2 large drinks...all refillable. It was a very good thing. We sat in the second row, and they were definitely the loudest of all the people in the theatre. But it was a blast, and by the time they got done "ARGing" and watched the movie, we all had a great time. And I had my Steve shirt on. I think I confused some people. "But isn't everybody?" And i would definitely recommend seeing Pirates. It's worth it. But i won't say anything more than that.
Then, after 3.5 hours of sleep, i had breakfast with Uncle Ron at Hy-Vee and got offered the possibility of a workstudy with him next year! That's totally a God thing, because I've been really worried about the workstudy next year, especially since the Psych department turned me down and I was getting a hestitant "Maybe we'll be able to make room" from the music department. So if this goes through, I'll be helping to advise students with the humanities, working with them in finding classes, job information, and other stuff like that. I'm really pumped about it, and hope that it happens! Then we had a bonfire Friday night, and I got home and crashed. Until 11:00 this morning. Sleep is beautiful.