8.01.2006
Summertime...and the livin' is easy...
Easy? Not hardly. Sometimes relaxing, sometimes hectic. but very seldom easy. And the summer's flying by WAY too fast! Last Friday I helped the Schildhouses, a family from Christ Community Church, load their 2 U-Hauls as they prepared to make the trek to Brookfield, Wisconsin. I really enjoyed helping them out - there's nothing like spending the day with a family to really help you get to know them better. And they brought another family with them from Wisconsin to help them - both of these families are awesome! The only thing I don't like about that is that...now they're gone! We spent the whole day together playing Tetris with their furniture as we tried to fit all their belongings into the trucks, and now I won't see them again...maybe ever! (Although it is nice to have a spot to stay if i'm ever in Wisconsin). So that was bittersweet.
On Sunday, I led worship for CCC because Dale, our usual worship leader was in Venezuela until TODAY - the Venezuela team comes back tonight!!!! That actually went a lot better than I thought it was going to. When I was talking with one of the elders a couple days before the service, I told him that I was nervous and that the practice we had on Wednesday was a little rough. He came back with, "But you've prepared, right? And you've prayed? Then leave it in God's hands to bring people into His presence." So often I try to do everything on my own. Especially this time...i mean, it's my first time leading worship at this church...i don't want to screw it up. But I think that Dave's advice was good stuff.
I'm going to try to go home some this next week so that I can help Nathan, my twin, reshingle the roof of the office building at the motel. We'll see how much time I can get off for that. It's always good to get home for a while...and i haven't been home for about a month, so it's getting to be time again. It'll be the last time before we move into our new apartments for my LAST SEMESTER AT DORDT!!!! Crap! What do I do after that?!? Hmm...there's something to be said for trusting and following...but that can be really hard sometimes. But I know God's gonna pull through and make something amazing happen. It's just on His time schedule. Yay for patience!
And if you ever get bored when it's raining outside. Go and play in the puddles and get drenched! (i'll maybe get a pic up later about that)... but do it with friends, cuz that makes it all worthwhile.
On Sunday, I led worship for CCC because Dale, our usual worship leader was in Venezuela until TODAY - the Venezuela team comes back tonight!!!! That actually went a lot better than I thought it was going to. When I was talking with one of the elders a couple days before the service, I told him that I was nervous and that the practice we had on Wednesday was a little rough. He came back with, "But you've prepared, right? And you've prayed? Then leave it in God's hands to bring people into His presence." So often I try to do everything on my own. Especially this time...i mean, it's my first time leading worship at this church...i don't want to screw it up. But I think that Dave's advice was good stuff.
I'm going to try to go home some this next week so that I can help Nathan, my twin, reshingle the roof of the office building at the motel. We'll see how much time I can get off for that. It's always good to get home for a while...and i haven't been home for about a month, so it's getting to be time again. It'll be the last time before we move into our new apartments for my LAST SEMESTER AT DORDT!!!! Crap! What do I do after that?!? Hmm...there's something to be said for trusting and following...but that can be really hard sometimes. But I know God's gonna pull through and make something amazing happen. It's just on His time schedule. Yay for patience!
And if you ever get bored when it's raining outside. Go and play in the puddles and get drenched! (i'll maybe get a pic up later about that)... but do it with friends, cuz that makes it all worthwhile.