9.22.2006

 

Friday

It's finally Friday, yet I don't feel like I'm done yet. Probably cuz I'm not. The
Pops Concert is tonight with band and orchestra. I'm excited for that! The clarinets are dressing up with the theme Hey, Good Lookin'. So I got my bib overalls and old work boots, and the girls'll be lookin' good with their pots and pans. It's kinda fun being the only guy in the clarinet section. Last year I was a school nerd out of the '50's. I give Sue Blom, of the Dordt Theatre costume department, the credit for the outfit. She's pretty much amazing.

It's fun to pretend you don't know how to dance, too.



















And, of course, there's the year before, where Anna Kooi (now something else because I think she got married) and I were the emcees for the 2004 Pops Concert. Yeah, Daffy!!























So that goes on tonight. It'll be a good time.


The Calvin's test didn't really go that hot. I guess I didn't prepare enough. Sigh...I think I'm getting to the point of being ready to be done with classes. I figured it out today...this is my 17th straight year of school. (18th if we count pre-school). I like the classes I'm in, but I'm very much ready to be done with the whole sitting in desks part of my life. I'm getting more and more ready to get "out there" and live - outside of the school setting. That's one of the reasons I'm starting my job search this week. (That and encouragement from family and good friends). Where? I don't know. People keep asking: "What are you going to do after December?" I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!! There - I said it! I have no idea where I'm going to be! And I'm okay with that. I'm trusting God - putting one foot in front of the other, with complete that God's gonna lead me to the right place. Sure, I've got places I'd like to be...but it's more about where God opens the doors for me to go. Where HE wants me to be. I'm trying to do this "offer your body as a living sacrifice" thing every day and trust that God's going to show me (in His time) his good, pleasing and perfect will. (That's in Romans 12, if you're wondering).

Time is flying. Soon we'll see what God's got coming. Hold on!

(Karyn and Leesa...you guys are awesome!)

Comments:
I don't know either!
There i said it to. I don't even know where to begin applying for jobs! Where is my Resume?!
Glad you are having good refleciton pics. Have a good time at the pops concert! Cheers!
 
Anna's last name is Bosma, in case it really mattered, haha.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home