11.28.2006

 

Home stretch...

Well, I'm back at school again and am trying to stay motivated to finish it all up. Only 3 weeks left. It's been an encouraging weekend, though. I spent some good time talking with family and friends. One of those highlights was talking with Tom Dykstra on Sunday night about jobs and life - he really encouraged me to get back into reading the Bible and memorizing Scripture as well as helped me to get excited again about going into youth ministry! I'm still waiting to hear back from Meriden, and it's easy to get caught up with thoughts of inadequacy during this "unknown" stretch of time. Thanks for the good words, Tom!

Yeah, so talking with Tom, having lunch with my grandpa, coffee with my younger sister Becca, talking into the night with my twin Nathan, getting a haircut and talking with Dad, cooking and chatting with Mom, talking on the phone with Magdalene...all those added up to a very good weekend at home. Restful and rejuvinating (even though I'm still feeling worn-out today - why??). Oh well, I only have a couple more weeks left. We'll see what God's got planned. I've been doing a lot of praying - and I think that's a huge help in me feeling at peace with whatever happens. Prayer is good. I heard another sermon on that Sunday - we are commanded to pray - all the time. So we should pray. It's hard, but I'm working on it. And if you're reading this...you should pray, too.

Comments:
Good advice Josh, i need to pray more. We should chat sometime before the semester ends! have a good one!
 
Yeah Josher!
 
I wish you well on finishing up School!
 
Thanks for the cookie. Mmmm.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home