12.14.2006
Official
Well, it's official. Today was my last Dordt class. Ever.
AND...
...As of January 21, I will be employed full-time at the Niessink Home where I've been doing my Psychology internship all semester. I've been working with 8 teenage boys who have mental and behavioral problems of different kinds...and now I'll be doing that on a full-time scale!! I'm so excited to be working with them! They're all talented and smart in different ways, and to work with them more frequently will be such a joy (especially when I don't have to go home and worry about school or homework)!
AND...
...I've also found a (possible) apartment to live in!! I'm still waiting and praying about it this week, but the more I think about it, the more I'm getting excited to say I'll take it! I'll give you guys more details if it becomes finalized.
Yeah, so God has provided again! It's so good to know that he's watching out for me...although I do feel selfish sometimes when I just pray for myself so that I know what to do. But God tells us to bring everything before Him in prayer. "You do not have, because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures" (James 4:2-3). So we shouldn't use that verse to get whatever we want, but we should be motivated to come to God in prayer and try more and more every day to "test and approve what God's will is. His good, pleasing and perfect will." (Romans 12:2)
AND...
...As of January 21, I will be employed full-time at the Niessink Home where I've been doing my Psychology internship all semester. I've been working with 8 teenage boys who have mental and behavioral problems of different kinds...and now I'll be doing that on a full-time scale!! I'm so excited to be working with them! They're all talented and smart in different ways, and to work with them more frequently will be such a joy (especially when I don't have to go home and worry about school or homework)!
AND...
...I've also found a (possible) apartment to live in!! I'm still waiting and praying about it this week, but the more I think about it, the more I'm getting excited to say I'll take it! I'll give you guys more details if it becomes finalized.
Yeah, so God has provided again! It's so good to know that he's watching out for me...although I do feel selfish sometimes when I just pray for myself so that I know what to do. But God tells us to bring everything before Him in prayer. "You do not have, because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures" (James 4:2-3). So we shouldn't use that verse to get whatever we want, but we should be motivated to come to God in prayer and try more and more every day to "test and approve what God's will is. His good, pleasing and perfect will." (Romans 12:2)
Comments:
<< Home
Josh,
i was just reading this blog, and i totally agree! It is so great to see those verses, it reminds me of when my prayers are answered it is because they are in God's will not my own. He is with us in the journeys we are about to face and the things we are about to undertake! Blessings!
Post a Comment
i was just reading this blog, and i totally agree! It is so great to see those verses, it reminds me of when my prayers are answered it is because they are in God's will not my own. He is with us in the journeys we are about to face and the things we are about to undertake! Blessings!
<< Home
