2.13.2007
Annual post
Well, Andrea said that I have to post once a year, so I guess i'd better. :) Sorry i haven't posted much lately. I honestly expected to have more time once I got done with Dordt. But suprisingly, I still find myself busy constantly! I guess it's not surprising, with work at 6:30 -8:30 AM and then coming back again from 2:30 - 10:30 PM...sometimes it's hard to utilize all the time in the middle. But i don't feel like i'm getting burnt out of the job by any means. I still love working with the boys, and I'm feeling more and more confident in my abilities to deal with them. Although it still is easy to focus on the negative that the boys are doing. I'm trying to make more of a conscious effort to praise the boys for the good things they do, as well as point out what they're losing points for. It's working somewhat, but I think it's going to take a while. And I think it's possible to completely focus on the positive because the boys are in the home because of negative behaviors of some sort. But focusing more on their personal goals helps a lot and the more I work, the more I become aware of how to better help them. It's a good feeling.
Other than work...let's see...I'm playing a lot of darts with my roomie, Josh Van Engen. He's got me hooked. We usually play at least a couple games a night. it's fun to see my accuracy increase - I actually beat him the other night!! Fun stuff! :) When I'm not playing darts, I'm usually eating or reading or hanging out with Maggie or sleeping.
One other surprising thing that I've seen lately is how hard it is for me STILL to take time for God every day. I often have time, but i'll get distracted with darts or sleep or books or work...but I don't take time to just BE. "Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."He'll be exalted with or without me, but why can't I just BE STILL? It's so frustrating that my mind just won't do it. Prayer for me would be great. Thanks, all. Hope everyone's well. I'm going to try and set a goal of posting at least once a week. I think that posting on here will help me to stick to it.
Other than work...let's see...I'm playing a lot of darts with my roomie, Josh Van Engen. He's got me hooked. We usually play at least a couple games a night. it's fun to see my accuracy increase - I actually beat him the other night!! Fun stuff! :) When I'm not playing darts, I'm usually eating or reading or hanging out with Maggie or sleeping.
One other surprising thing that I've seen lately is how hard it is for me STILL to take time for God every day. I often have time, but i'll get distracted with darts or sleep or books or work...but I don't take time to just BE. "Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."He'll be exalted with or without me, but why can't I just BE STILL? It's so frustrating that my mind just won't do it. Prayer for me would be great. Thanks, all. Hope everyone's well. I'm going to try and set a goal of posting at least once a week. I think that posting on here will help me to stick to it.
Comments:
<< Home
Ooh, I got mentioned! You remind me of my sister when you talk about just "be"-ing. Good stuff. I'm glad work is going well....do you by chance want to visit Dre in a few weeks? Talk to Phil for details.
Post a Comment
<< Home
