2.21.2007
Rejoice!
God has been showing himself amazing again! I don't think he ever stops showing himself, but sometimes I don't see it. I've been reading the Bible again and this week I had a chance to encourage someone from my church with a passage from Philippians 4:4-7:
"Rejoice in the Lord always. And I will say it again, rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends ALL understanding, will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus."
It's awesome to see God moving in my life again. We had a youth group informal "guys night" at Tyler's place last night where we just ate burgers and brats, played poker, Halo, and darts, and we drank a lot of pop. It was a great night. The guys left around 11:30, and then Ty and I just hung out, talking til about 1:30. I really feel like God is using Tyler and I to play a significant role in these guys' lives, and that's awesome. I love hanging with the guys and I think they enjoy it, too. With that and playing basketball with them in the rec center, I'm starting to reconnect with some of them in ways that I think I was losing before because of being so busy. I'm still busy, but I'm starting to see them at least a little more than before. God is definitely working...it's cool to think about and to see. But I have to get up and work again tomorrow, so I'm going to bed. G'night, all!
"Rejoice in the Lord always. And I will say it again, rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends ALL understanding, will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus."
It's awesome to see God moving in my life again. We had a youth group informal "guys night" at Tyler's place last night where we just ate burgers and brats, played poker, Halo, and darts, and we drank a lot of pop. It was a great night. The guys left around 11:30, and then Ty and I just hung out, talking til about 1:30. I really feel like God is using Tyler and I to play a significant role in these guys' lives, and that's awesome. I love hanging with the guys and I think they enjoy it, too. With that and playing basketball with them in the rec center, I'm starting to reconnect with some of them in ways that I think I was losing before because of being so busy. I'm still busy, but I'm starting to see them at least a little more than before. God is definitely working...it's cool to think about and to see. But I have to get up and work again tomorrow, so I'm going to bed. G'night, all!
Comments:
<< Home
Hi, Josh! Yay for influencing young people. It's quite exhilarating. = ) Are you comin' to Omaha with us?
hey Josh,
cool to read up on ya and see how you're doing! are you still in sioux center? what kind of work are you doing at this boys' home?
hope you're doing well!
cool to read up on ya and see how you're doing! are you still in sioux center? what kind of work are you doing at this boys' home?
hope you're doing well!
Hello Josh!!
It has been too long, I lost your phone number because my phone was stolen, so give me a call I would love to catch up on life. Lots to talk about I am sure. Love you Man.
It has been too long, I lost your phone number because my phone was stolen, so give me a call I would love to catch up on life. Lots to talk about I am sure. Love you Man.
Hey Josh, good to hear that your living situation and work are going so well--nothing beats the feeling of contentedness in where God has placed you for a season.
I read that you're struggling with regular scripture reading . . . I've been there, and it's hard. Here is a tip I recently heard, and have had much victory with:
Specifically plan it into your day as a scheduled event at a particular place. When it is specifically planned, it is harder to let it slip or to put it off until later/another day. For me, that means that after my morning shower I eat my breakfast on the right corner of the couch and read my Bible and work on memorization for about an hour. By God's grace it has become such a habit that I feel deprived if something prevents me from my morning breakfast/reading time.
I hope that that is an encouragement--blessings to you, Josh.
Post a Comment
I read that you're struggling with regular scripture reading . . . I've been there, and it's hard. Here is a tip I recently heard, and have had much victory with:
Specifically plan it into your day as a scheduled event at a particular place. When it is specifically planned, it is harder to let it slip or to put it off until later/another day. For me, that means that after my morning shower I eat my breakfast on the right corner of the couch and read my Bible and work on memorization for about an hour. By God's grace it has become such a habit that I feel deprived if something prevents me from my morning breakfast/reading time.
I hope that that is an encouragement--blessings to you, Josh.
<< Home
