4.10.2007

 

I have internet!!

So the whole posting once a week thing has kinda fallen through the cracks. Sorry, all. But in my defense, my computer has not let me get on the internet for a long time and we finally got it fixed today, so I'm happy. One thing I'm not so pumped about is the white, sticky snow. Boo. Oh, well. I heard rumors of 60 degree weather on Sunday, so I'd be okay with that.

Life here's been going alright. I'm still working a lot. Two of our boys are moving out, so we're preparing for another couple to come into Niessink in the next two months. It's a lot of paperwork, but I'm excited to start working with new kids. It'll definitely bring a change into the atmosphere of the place. I'd give more details, but I'm kinda limited with the whole confidentiality issue. But work's been going pretty well. I'm still loving working with the boys and the staff. It's challenging when the boys are continally arguing, but once in a while there are days where they actually try to do what they're asked and they care about how they're treating others. I like those days.

I went home this weekend. We celebrated Easter as a family, but I was bummed when I heard that my Grandma went into the hospital on Thursday night. She had her gall bladder taken out, but now's she at home and doing much better. I got to visit with her on Sunday for a while before going to our big family gathering. We sang hymns to my uncle and my guitar playing, which was really cool. But we spent most of our time eating food. Mmm...home-cooked food. Gotta love it!

So that's been a snapshot of my life lately. Trying to go to the gym a couple times a week and not just stay at home playing video games when I'm not working. There was a point where that's all I was doing...but it's getting better because now I'm not letting myself play video games for that long. Spending more time in the Word, reading other books, playing darts, playing chess (against the computer), play some video games, and hanging out with friends. Life is good.

Comments:
Josh,
I have not talked to you in ages! i am glad to hear that you are still alive and that things are going well! How is the boys ranch? I was going to send you an old-fashioned e-mail, but i don;t have your e-mail adress for some reason. Anwayz, things are going well, hunting for a job, i have applied a couple of places, no one know where i will be next! kinda exciting, kinda a pain. Will you be in Iowa in June? We should go for coffee!:) have a good day!
 
Playing tennis? Sometime when the snow melts?
 
Wow. It sounds like you have really found your niche in the Sioux Center community...something I thought was nearly impossible if you weren't a student or a professor!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home