5.30.2007

 

Changes

Well, it's Wednesday, and I've just finished a 48-hour work week. Crazy. I pulled a double shift yesterday because one of my boys moved out, so I spent most of the morning going to transfer meetings and then helping him move over to his new apartment. It makes me sad to see him go, and to know that he's not very motivated to work...because if he doesn't work, he can't stay in his apartment. and then what'll happen? i don't know. it's out of my hands now. but life is definitely different without him there. (sorry about all the anonymity...i can't use names because of confidentiality and all that jazz). but my other boy is moving out next week, and then life will be REALLY different. he's one that is always happy and so not having him there is going to change the atmosphere of Niessink. So two of my boys move out. Already we have one new boy in - and i'm looking forward to becoming his primary and working with him. it'll be full of challenges, especially because i'm going to have to figure out what his goals and objectives need to be after his 30-day staffing and work with his mom to figure out what's best for him. i'm excited for the change, in that way.

and i guess the other new thing here (still relating to work) is that my supervisor has asked me to give them a two-year commitment so that I can become the new SCM (Safe Crisis Management) instructor. that's basically a fancy way of saying that i'm going to teach new staff how to restrain the kids safely. i'm not sure when i leave for training, but it'll probably be soon since we're getting a lot of new staff. exciting stuff!

Comments:
I'm assuming you said yes????
 
yeah, i guess i didn't specify...i said yes. :)
 
YAY you said yes! What an awsome oppurtunity! I am totally in town the entire month of June, and yes coffee would be awsome! I live in Rock valley now, eh? we sold the house! (i think) ANwyaz, i will be busy next week with camp, but the week after anytime is good for me!:)
 
Josh. I was not aware that you lived closeish to me. Have you been sneaking around?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home