6.08.2007

 

50th Post for this Dordt...teacher?

Yeah! 50 posts! it's always great to have the little joys in life. A couple days ago, i was eating lunch in the Stone Soup Cafe in Rock Valley (really good food - i'd recommend it). And after I finished eating and reading/journaling, the waitress, a high school girl, came and gave me my check. Before she left, she asked me a startling question: "Are you a teacher at Dordt?" A quizzical look and a quick "no" was the reply she received. At first, I wondered why...then I realized that I was wearing my Dordt Concert Choir polo with the DC symbol on it. That and the khaki pants (I had a meeting that morning) must have done it for her. So we laughed and talked a bit about Dordt and how she's going into social work (which i'm kinda in right now - funny) and then I paid my bill and left. I just had to laugh. and marvel at the fact that apparently I look old enough to be a Dordt prof. Weird.

Comments:
Can I say...geek? = ) So, I'm at 153 posts. You have some catching up to do. Ok, enough insulting you. Tennis sometime? (I'm going to Montana from Wed-Mon, but then I'm around awhile).
 
sounds like a fun life! I'm glad you're enjoying work so much. And the mention of an Iowa storm brought back good memories. I'm sorry about the sad part of having two guys move out. I hate saying goodbye.
God bless!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home