7.30.2007
Yay for friends!
I like friends. But when I think about the friends I have now and the ones I have in the past, I begin to realize how some friends stay around for a long time, and some of them are called elsewhere...Case in point:
David and Rita Hjelle left today for Ithica, New York. David's going to Cornell to get his doctorate in mechanical engineering so that he can teach some day. It gives me mixed emotions. First off, I'm really excited for them to get out of Sioux Center for a while. To get away from the "purely Christian" atmosphere of Dordt and SC will help them grow and give them a chance to spread God's love more and more. But I'm going to miss them a ton! I've known David since my freshman year in college, when I thought him and Kraig Bleeker were the same person (sorry...i don't have a picture of Kraig). And I've known Rita since she and David moved to SC after getting married (actually apparently I met her on band tour my freshman year, but i don't remember her being there...) :) but either way, it's awesome that they're going out to learn and grow and love. They are a fabulous example of a Godly marriage and a couple that loves God so much. I've learned a ton from them...I love you guys! (Can you guess which feet are attached to which body?)

And another friend is leaving Sioux Center tomorrow...Andrea De Jong...who I've also known since our freshman year in college. I'm excited for her to, though, now that she's headed to Washington to be a teacher. Woo hoo! She's also a friend i've had lots of memories with - from music stuff to zoos to theatre to surprise b-day parties. a lot of great memories...and no I'm not pregnant in that picture. i'm just a fat guy.

So yeah. A tribute to friends. God gives friends when you need them - even if you don't realize at the time that you need them. And they're lots of fun!









David and Rita Hjelle left today for Ithica, New York. David's going to Cornell to get his doctorate in mechanical engineering so that he can teach some day. It gives me mixed emotions. First off, I'm really excited for them to get out of Sioux Center for a while. To get away from the "purely Christian" atmosphere of Dordt and SC will help them grow and give them a chance to spread God's love more and more. But I'm going to miss them a ton! I've known David since my freshman year in college, when I thought him and Kraig Bleeker were the same person (sorry...i don't have a picture of Kraig). And I've known Rita since she and David moved to SC after getting married (actually apparently I met her on band tour my freshman year, but i don't remember her being there...) :) but either way, it's awesome that they're going out to learn and grow and love. They are a fabulous example of a Godly marriage and a couple that loves God so much. I've learned a ton from them...I love you guys! (Can you guess which feet are attached to which body?)

And another friend is leaving Sioux Center tomorrow...Andrea De Jong...who I've also known since our freshman year in college. I'm excited for her to, though, now that she's headed to Washington to be a teacher. Woo hoo! She's also a friend i've had lots of memories with - from music stuff to zoos to theatre to surprise b-day parties. a lot of great memories...and no I'm not pregnant in that picture. i'm just a fat guy.

So yeah. A tribute to friends. God gives friends when you need them - even if you don't realize at the time that you need them. And they're lots of fun!







Comments:
<< Home
Hey, Josh...I'm in a hotel in Montana right now. We'll be getting to Lynden on Wed. I'm sorry I missed saying goodbye to you. = ( Prayers are appreciated, friend. Have a good one!
Hi hi Joshua :)
Thank you for your kind words. It's nice to see, sitting here in the hospital, keeping David company. God is good. Our arrival to Ithaca has not been what we expected to say the least, but we are still both sure this is where we are to be. God IS good and he is taking care of us. We will miss you a ton too!! For sure!!!!
In Christ
Rita
Thank you for your kind words. It's nice to see, sitting here in the hospital, keeping David company. God is good. Our arrival to Ithaca has not been what we expected to say the least, but we are still both sure this is where we are to be. God IS good and he is taking care of us. We will miss you a ton too!! For sure!!!!
In Christ
Rita
Hello Josh. I second what you said about friends coming and going. I miss friends. I hope things are going well for you there in SC. I'll be visiting Oct 25-30. It'd be great to see you and catch up.
Post a Comment
<< Home

