7.18.2008
New happenings.
So it's been about 4 months since i've posted on this thing, so i figured i'd let ya'll know that i'm still alive. and there's been a lot of other things happening since i posted so i thought i'd use some pictures to help tell my story. So here goes: (I'll try to go somewhat chronologically)
_________________________________________________________________

-
My old car finally died. So after spending a month driving around in Titus Landegent's old "Drummer van" (sorry, no pic), I bought my 2003 Toyota Camry. Hopefully it won't be too much with the repairs and it'll last a while...although it is in the shop right now getting an axle seal replaced...sigh...
-
_________________________________________________________________

-
I'm going to Venezuela!! A team from my church in Sioux Center is making the trek down to Valencia (2nd largest city in Venezuela) on August 1st. We'll be there 12 days. We've partnered with Viva Abundante (Abundant Life Evangelical Free Church) since 2001, and this will be the 4th evangelistic/discipleship team that has gone down there. I'll be helping with TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) and serving in other ways by building relationships and telling people about Jesus. There will also be people helping with teaching how to play basketball and volleyball to the youth, working with men on electricity, women with how to do their nails and the importance of inner beauty along with that, and playing games/singing/teaching about Jesus to the children. It's pretty exciting! I'll keep updates on this blog as I'm down there. If you have questions, lemme know.
-
_________________________________________________________________

-
My parents helped me out by giving me some money to put towards a new guitar for my birthday! I'm pretty excited about this because now I don't have to use a sound hole pick-up to amplify my guitar...i can just plug it in! Crazy...I'm 24!!
-
_________________________________________________________________

-
Uh...how did that one get in there...well...nerd bowling...that's all i have to say about that.
-
_________________________________________________________________

-
More exciting news: I've started dating a pretty amazing girl that I went to school with at Dordt. This picture was from senior year of college, but I don't have copies of pictures from this summer...they're all on her camera. I'll let you guess which girl it is.
But I'll give you a hint...She's the one that's not married (and she's standing next to me). :)
-
_________________________________________________________________

-
Last update: My good friends, Darren and Elizabeth DeVries, had their first baby!!!! Tamara Anne DeVries was born on July 9, 2008. She weighed 8 lbs 5 oz and was very healthy. Here's Daddy Darren and Mommy Liz with the new addition to their family. Congrats, Darren and Liz!
-

_________________________________________________________________
-
Well, I think that's about it for now. Andrea, now you can stop yelling at me for not posting on my blog. I will try to be more diligent once I get down to Venezuela to keep this updated at least every few days!
-
_________________________________________________________________

-
My old car finally died. So after spending a month driving around in Titus Landegent's old "Drummer van" (sorry, no pic), I bought my 2003 Toyota Camry. Hopefully it won't be too much with the repairs and it'll last a while...although it is in the shop right now getting an axle seal replaced...sigh...
-
_________________________________________________________________

-
I'm going to Venezuela!! A team from my church in Sioux Center is making the trek down to Valencia (2nd largest city in Venezuela) on August 1st. We'll be there 12 days. We've partnered with Viva Abundante (Abundant Life Evangelical Free Church) since 2001, and this will be the 4th evangelistic/discipleship team that has gone down there. I'll be helping with TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) and serving in other ways by building relationships and telling people about Jesus. There will also be people helping with teaching how to play basketball and volleyball to the youth, working with men on electricity, women with how to do their nails and the importance of inner beauty along with that, and playing games/singing/teaching about Jesus to the children. It's pretty exciting! I'll keep updates on this blog as I'm down there. If you have questions, lemme know.
-
_________________________________________________________________

-
My parents helped me out by giving me some money to put towards a new guitar for my birthday! I'm pretty excited about this because now I don't have to use a sound hole pick-up to amplify my guitar...i can just plug it in! Crazy...I'm 24!!
-
_________________________________________________________________

-
Uh...how did that one get in there...well...nerd bowling...that's all i have to say about that.
-
_________________________________________________________________
-
More exciting news: I've started dating a pretty amazing girl that I went to school with at Dordt. This picture was from senior year of college, but I don't have copies of pictures from this summer...they're all on her camera. I'll let you guess which girl it is.
But I'll give you a hint...She's the one that's not married (and she's standing next to me). :)
-
_________________________________________________________________

-
Last update: My good friends, Darren and Elizabeth DeVries, had their first baby!!!! Tamara Anne DeVries was born on July 9, 2008. She weighed 8 lbs 5 oz and was very healthy. Here's Daddy Darren and Mommy Liz with the new addition to their family. Congrats, Darren and Liz!
-

_________________________________________________________________
-
Well, I think that's about it for now. Andrea, now you can stop yelling at me for not posting on my blog. I will try to be more diligent once I get down to Venezuela to keep this updated at least every few days!
-
Comments:
<< Home
where did you get that rock'n guitar!?! Sounds like you have been busy! oh yeah, and who is that beautiful girl in the picture with you? :)
Who yelled? Come on...I vehemently SUGGESTED. I'm flattered that I made your blog, though. :) Have fun in Venezuela!
Post a Comment
<< Home
