8.07.2008
¡Dios es bueno!
¡Hola, mí familia y mís amigos! ¿Como están? So my day has been fantastic...but it didn't start off that way. i taught ESL this morning in La Begoña and was frustrusted with feeling like i wasn't teaching well and that everything i said came out bumbled. so then this afternoon, i taught both classes of ESL because usually i have one class outside and Pastor Randy teaches the other one inside. but because of massive downpours, we combined classes inside with me as the teacher. we went through the lesson - teaching different foods and things about meals - and at the end we read through the story of Jesus washing his disciples' feet before the last supper. When we finished, I was talking with everyone about Jesus and I asked the girl, Vanessa, (there were only 4 in the class - 3 boys and 1 girl) if she knew Jesus personally. She said that she knew about him, but she didn't go to church or anything like that. anywayz...I was really tempted to give her the book we have (bilingual) on the 4 spiritual laws and encourage her to read through it tonight, but then I felt like I was being tempted to give her the book and not ask her if she wanted to go through it with me. So i asked her and she said that she did. to make a long story short, we talked about what it meant to accept Christ and how she could do that. and she let me pray with her and it was amazing!! i am so thankful to Jesus for the transformation in her life...its fantastic to see her spirit soar and her desire to become a part of the church and everything like that. totally God's power. and i know that especially because if anyone without God's help would have stayed and listened to me when I was stuttering and messing up my words like I was...they wouldn't have stayed with me until the end. :)
Oh, and you guys could pray for us - Satan's been trying to cause a lot of commotion by accidents. there have been at least 5 people who have fallen in some manner. one lady, Sra. Delia, fractured her arm, Victor, my host dad, fell off whatever he was standing on while doing some electrical work today, and one of the missionaries down here, Valerie, fell on a step in front of the church, and I slipped and fell while playing soccer. (i'm fine...not hurt...but there's a lot of falling happening...so prayers for safety would be great).
So that was my day today...and now for some pictures!!
Megan, Sarahi, y yo (me)

This is me getting mangos from Marines' (pronounced Mar-E-ness) casa:

And this is me and Marines:

Here's a pic of us helping with childrens' ministry in the afternoon before leaving to teach english at las quintas:

this one's for you, mom and dad...remember how you got frustrated that some customers in the motel from latin america put their toilet paper in the trash cans? well, apparently here, the pipes are so small that if you flush the TP, it clogs the pipes and the house gets flooded. So my family was kind enough to present us with a sign on the back of the bathroom door to help us remember:

Ludavina: Wendy's mom and the queen of the kitchen. She's amazing and loving and NEVER lets us go hungry! :) such a servant!

Victor and I practicing for Sunday morning in his house:


Oh, and you guys could pray for us - Satan's been trying to cause a lot of commotion by accidents. there have been at least 5 people who have fallen in some manner. one lady, Sra. Delia, fractured her arm, Victor, my host dad, fell off whatever he was standing on while doing some electrical work today, and one of the missionaries down here, Valerie, fell on a step in front of the church, and I slipped and fell while playing soccer. (i'm fine...not hurt...but there's a lot of falling happening...so prayers for safety would be great).
So that was my day today...and now for some pictures!!
Megan, Sarahi, y yo (me)

This is me getting mangos from Marines' (pronounced Mar-E-ness) casa:

And this is me and Marines:

Here's a pic of us helping with childrens' ministry in the afternoon before leaving to teach english at las quintas:

this one's for you, mom and dad...remember how you got frustrated that some customers in the motel from latin america put their toilet paper in the trash cans? well, apparently here, the pipes are so small that if you flush the TP, it clogs the pipes and the house gets flooded. So my family was kind enough to present us with a sign on the back of the bathroom door to help us remember:

Ludavina: Wendy's mom and the queen of the kitchen. She's amazing and loving and NEVER lets us go hungry! :) such a servant!

Victor and I practicing for Sunday morning in his house:

Arantxa: she's a drama queen with a great heart:

Comments:
<< Home
I cam across your blog. I love the work that God is doing down in Venezuela! I will certainly be praying for you and everyone in your ministry.
Wow, what an experience! I will pass the pics along to your dad, he will get a kick out of the sign... Please be careful Josh, I will be praying for you as I do everyday.P.S. Mangos are my favorite!!!! Love ya
Philip and I prayed for you while we were on the road yesterday. I hope you felt the support. :) Enjoy!
Post a Comment
<< Home
