8.05.2008
ESL and flying lessons
Hey everyone!
Sorry, no pics this post, just a short update. Everything is going very well here in Valencia. I was a little discouraged yesterday with feeling like everything was very disorganized, but today went a lot better with teaching english and I think a lot of it had to do with a change of attitude - instead of thinking that I wasn't qualified to teach English, I started saying that I was going to be faithful where God put me and let him do the work. It really showed today - I could see the growth in the people I worked with and got a chance to share a Bible story and read and answer questions about it too. the story in Matthew 4 - the temptation of Jesus. It was a good story to keep the kids' attention, but also to show that Jesus is God and let the students have a little practice on numbers (40 days and nights), as well as a couple other vocab words we've practiced over the last few days. No one's sick yet, but one girl did get hurt by having a bunch of others hold down a long branch of a tree and let go so she swung back and forth!! another kid did it and just swung back and forth - had a great thrill...but Fadia lost her grip and went flying off like a catapult. she's in the hospital and might have to have surgery. please pray for her!!
so thanks for your thoughts and prayers - i will write more later and send more pics! special hello to my family and rachel! :) buenas noches!!
P.S. Tyler - Victor, Wendy, y Issac send their greetings back your way! ;)
Sorry, no pics this post, just a short update. Everything is going very well here in Valencia. I was a little discouraged yesterday with feeling like everything was very disorganized, but today went a lot better with teaching english and I think a lot of it had to do with a change of attitude - instead of thinking that I wasn't qualified to teach English, I started saying that I was going to be faithful where God put me and let him do the work. It really showed today - I could see the growth in the people I worked with and got a chance to share a Bible story and read and answer questions about it too. the story in Matthew 4 - the temptation of Jesus. It was a good story to keep the kids' attention, but also to show that Jesus is God and let the students have a little practice on numbers (40 days and nights), as well as a couple other vocab words we've practiced over the last few days. No one's sick yet, but one girl did get hurt by having a bunch of others hold down a long branch of a tree and let go so she swung back and forth!! another kid did it and just swung back and forth - had a great thrill...but Fadia lost her grip and went flying off like a catapult. she's in the hospital and might have to have surgery. please pray for her!!
so thanks for your thoughts and prayers - i will write more later and send more pics! special hello to my family and rachel! :) buenas noches!!
P.S. Tyler - Victor, Wendy, y Issac send their greetings back your way! ;)
Comments:
<< Home
Hey, Josh it is great to hear from you. I am glad that you are having a wonderful time. Remember that when you start to make this mission trip yours and not the Lord's that is when you will have to take things into your own hands and take it out of His. You will see that things will just not go as well and you will always be unsure of the out come.. "The Lord is good, His mercy is everlasting, and his truth indurith through all generations.. Love you
Awww we got a special hello :D I feel loved! And so should you. Miss ya and praying for you always. Have fun! Love ya
Becca
Post a Comment
Becca
<< Home
