8.02.2008

 

Viajar y mi familiá

¡Hola, mi familía y mis amigos! ¿Como están? I hope that you are all doing well. We arrived in Valencia, Venezuela at about 4:00 this morning and met our host families. I´ve been up for about an hour now and it is currently 12:30. We´re so blessed to have awesome people to stay with and being able to stay with our families until our meeting tonight at about 7. My host family is a young couple named Wendy and Victor. They have a soon-to-be 3 year old named Isaac. (pronounced E-saac). It´s been fun to hang out with them today.


Here´s us before we leave:







As for the trip down here, we flew out of Minneapolis at about 11:30 yesterday and had a 2 hour flight to Toronto. During that time, I had an awesome experience that was just a testiment to what I know God´s going to do during our time here. I talked with a guy named Julian on the plane, who was going home to Toronto. He was someone that absolutely epitimizes ¨moral relativism.¨ He related to me with how I work at Hope Haven, and his mom works at a similar place. But as I was talking about how my faith in Jesus influences my work, he shared that he wasn´t a Christian and he thought it was all okay because we all had the same ¨moral value system.¨ Long story short, he doesn´t believe in God, but if I want to, then it´s fine for me. He is raising his children to make their own choices in everything from diet to religion - and his ¨fulfillment in life¨ is making others happy. So if you could say a prayer for him...I think a seed was planted, but it didn´t look like he was very open to my encouragement to at least check out the Bible. (Especially since his wife was a Catholic - examining the Bible would be a good way to relate to her).

So that was a really great experience and a reminder that this trip is in God´s hands. We got to Toronto at 1:30 or so and then spent a 6 hour layover playing cards and talking. Here are some pictures to show you what we were doing.















After that, we got on a flight to Caracus, Venezuela and began the 6-hour trek south. We arrived at the airport at 1AM and (praise God!) we got through Customs in about an hour. The only little snag we had was that the people weren´t going to give us our guitars and keyboard. Thankfully, we got that figured out.

Here are some pictures from the trip down to Caracus. And then also, some pictures of Marie and I with our host family, Victor, Wendy, y Issac. Thanks for all the prayers and I will let you all know how everything progresses from here! Love you all!!


















The view from out my window:





Mi familiá:



Comments:
looks like a great start, Josh! I'll be praying...
 
hey Josh-
i've prayed for you a couple times everyday as God has brought you to my mind. the email update from PR was a good reminder to me of how God will be the one speaking through you and He has chosen you to go, we here at CCC are just responding to HIS idea...looks liike ur having a good time w/ Wendy, Victor, & Isaac--give them my greetings! i'll continue in prayers as u start ministry programs this a.m. i look fwd to hearing more about what God is doing in u and thru u all in VZ. love u bro! Serving our King - Ty
 
Looks like a beautiful place! i am praying for you daily! I hope that you have a wonderful time! it looks like you are off to a good start!:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home