3.13.2010

 

Life happens.

I've been reading some friends' blogs and realizing how long it's been since I've updated mine. Since I moved to Coralville. So a lot has happened during that time. Here's the run down for you faithful few who still might chance to look at my site. :)

1. I've started working at Systems Unlimited as a job coach. This is similar to what I was doing before, working at Hope Haven, with some major differences. (I know I gave some details in my last post, but now that I've worked here for 6+ months, I think I have a better feel for the job). I'm still working with people who have disabilities. But now I work with adults at their jobs. My day typically consists of picking up individuals for work, transporting them to work via my car or company van, helping them clock in and helping them with their jobs (i.e. cleaning, rolling silverware, bussing tables, data entry into computers, and some other types of jobs). Some people don't need much help at all and I just check up on them once a week...others have jobs where I am checking their work and helping them do their jobs better. Sorry I can't be more detailed...confidentiality and all that. :) But I do enjoy the job and getting to know my co-workers and the individuals that I serve.

2. We've found a church home! Rachel and I have begun attending a church plant in Iowa City that meets in a music building associated with the University of Iowa. It's a Presbyterian church (PCA) called One Ancient Hope (http://www.oneancienthope.com/) and the church is very determined to serve the hurting people around them, reaching out to neighbors, homeless, homosexual, and others that the church (sadly) often rejects. It has been a joy to begin getting to know the pastor and his wife during this time, as well as so many other people who really have a heart for serving Christ here in Iowa City!

3. Rachel and I are engaged!! :) As of February 12, 2010, we are officially going to get married! It's been such a whirlwind as we continue growing together, but also planning the wedding and trying to get everything ready for this summer. The big day is June 26, 2010, and we'll be getting married at Inspiration Hills. We're both really excited about this! :)

4. I'm an uncle!! My twin brother, Nathan, and his wife Stephanie, had a beautiful little girl on February 13, 2010. Her name is Lilian Marie Super and is growing fast. I had my first chance to babysit last week, and it was a lot of fun (except that I couldn't really get her to stop crying). Oh well...Na and Steph say that they'll try to give me some pointers someday. :)

5. As of this coming Monday, I will be all finished applying for the University of Iowa College of Education! I am going to be taking classes to become a Special Education teacher, hopefully for middle school (maybe elementary?) students. Not quite sure, but doors are all opening, and we're praying that they'll keep open so that I can become accepted into the University. Feel free to pray for that, as well. :)

I'm sure there are other things that I am forgetting, but those are the big events that have been affecting our lives here. I hope all is well with everyone and feel free to comment or email with news or just to say hi! :)

Comments:
Josh!!! I took you off my blog list because you never blog! I guess you earned your way back on now. :) I like your update and would like to congratulate you on life (awesome job/church/fiance/niece!) We miss you guys!
 
Hi Josh, thanks for the update, keep up the good work helping work. I'm excited for you and your future wife.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home